The National Business Case Competition (NBCC) final will take place on the 28th of September 2023 at The Rock Centre in Bulawayo, Zimbabwe. The competition is a great opportunity for high school students to showcase their ideas and get the support they need to launch their businesses. The competition has helped scale up 13 successful ventures since its inception.
The NBCC empowers young minds and encourages innovative thinking. It has consistently attracted high school students from diverse backgrounds of schools in Zimbabwe. These talented students are committed to addressing the most pressing challenges in their communities, and their innovative ideas have the potential to make a real difference in their communities and beyond.
The participating school teams and their provinces are as follows:
1. Westridge High School from Harare
2. St. Dominic’s Chishawasha from Mashonaland East
3. St. Joseph’s High School from Manicaland
4. Chikangwe High School from Mashonaland West
5. Eveline Girls High from Bulawayo
6. Tongwe High School from Matebeleland South
7. Sojini High School from Matebeleland North
8. Amai Mugabe High School from Mashonaland Central
9. Mutendi High School from Masvingo
10. Anderson High School from Midlands
The esteemed panel of judges for the competition includes:
1. Tsungi Banga, the Creative and Managing Director at Glen Agric Africa Design.
2. Emilia Mabika, the Executive Head of Brand at ZB Financial Holdings.
3. Bukhosi Mpofu, Lecturer and Business Development Manager at Lupane State University.
We are excited to see the final pitches of the brilliant young minds who are set to secure seed capital to kick-start their entrepreneurial ventures.